Colloquially, a Drupal developer is simply someone who can build Websites with Drupal, and manage a Drupal website, on a Web server, hosted somewhere on the internet. This means that a Drupal developer will have a broad range of skills: some of which are associated with the Drupal specifically (Site building, Module development, .. ) but will also be competent with managing the Web server, and DNS records etc. A good "Drupal developer" will be able to manage nearly all requests coming from a client, and will be able to advise how to move forward should specialised knowledge be needed.
Here are some of the tasks that any Drupal developer should be able to manage:
- Support & Maintenance for Drupal Websites:
- Web Server Support for Drupal Websites:
- Managing Linux Web Servers
- Managing Web / Database Caches
- Managing Domain Name & Email records